Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lots of Thoughts

There are a million things going on in my mind right now as I am sitting in here in the library, after knocking out a study guide for my Intro to Comm test tomorrow, yet ignoring actually "studying" it.
I don't know what to talk about tonight.
I think I'm just going to go in circles.

1. First off, I'm a little bit annoyed.
People need to accept the fact that, people change.
The thing is, just because a person was one way at one point in time, doesn't mean they are always going to be that way.
It doesn't mean that the person can truly change.
It doesn't mean that the desires of the person's heart are completely different than they were a few months ago.
Be accepting of it. Move on.
You don't know what the person was like before they entered this school. You don't know if they have always been like that, or were completely different a month before.
The thing is, you don't know.
It sucks to know that because of one mistake I made, little things still keep coming up about it.
I know, I have paid for the consequences of my actions. But really...
Get over it.
Excuse my french, but shit happens.
Life goes on. And...
PEOPLE CHANGE!

2. I have great friends. I really like my friends.
I really like you guys. I'm glad I know the people I can trust, the people that I can go to with everything.
You all are the ones I want to invest in, the ones I want to be by my side till the end.
I need to focus on you, and building even stronger friendships than what they are right now. Because I know you all love me, and I love you.
And this brings me to my other point...

3. That word, love.
Not in the romantic term. But in the friendship term. Someone brought this to my attention earlier this week.
We all throw the word around. I do it. A lot. I say I love you to someone I just met, maybe even a day before. Why? Why do we act like its meaningless? That word has been lessened throughout our generation.
So I'm going to be more careful about that word. And really, try to only say it to people that I actually love, actually care for, actually would do just about anything for. And thats not a lot.

4. I think that's all. Besides the obvious issue. Which really isn't obvious to anyone but me.
But I don't really know what to do with that so I'm just going to ignore it...seems easier right?
Oh wait, the easier way always happens to be the wrong way.
The right way is the hard way.
Which is why I don't want to do that.

Random Fact: My love Brooke asked me my favorite word the other day. The first word that popped into my mind was this:
Bliss.
I love that word. And I know that word is usually associated with my life.
I guess right now, it is bliss. Through the confusion and the searching for direction, I have bliss.
In which, I also have Joy.
And joy is so much better than happiness, than bliss.
Because joy, is that no matter what happens in life right now, everything that I am worrying about, struggling with- I still have joy. And that's only through my Father :)

No comments:

Post a Comment